TZM Guidelines to start a chapter
- Purpose: Facilitate TZM awareness activism in your area (currently focused on on-the-ground communication of TZM's train-of-thought and our educational imperatives through public interaction)
- Personal Understanding: Of the Movement's Orientation Guide or Orientation Videos so you can communicate and answer questions.
- Web Presence: Official Chapters maintain a website of membership and events. (There is a web platform available at zmcachapters.org)
- Relevance: Chapter membership and websites stay relevant to what TZM is about. (i.e. No outside organization advertising, projects, fundraising or agendas as the chapter focus)
- Stay in communication: Participate in an online meeting at least once a month. ZMCA meetings are in Teamspeak.
- Connect the Network: As an official chapter please link back to ZMCA.org on your site and your chapter will be listed as an official chapter here on ZMCA.
Each coordinator understands this is a voluntary role and express, through the desire to take on the role, that you advocate the points above. If you're interested in starting a state chapter outside of California please use this link: http://tzm-usa.org/state-coordinator-application/
*Coordinator positions get re-posted as OPEN if any of the following apply: A coordinator becomes unresponsive to email communication, or one's actions no longer fit the description of the role, or a chapter becomes dormant.
**It is not necessary to create an official chapter in order to advocate this information to others. Many people elect to do their own thing in their own way, and that's great! Some don't have time to coordinate due to life needs, and sometimes chapters are viewed as vehicles for "causes" or "patchwork projects" (i.e. growing food, co-ops, protest groups, political campaigns, transition towns, building cities, communes, etc). These avenues are open to all but are not the focus of Movement chapters. For more information please see these articles about our structure.
You're on your way to starting a chapter!
- Fill out the ZMCA Chapter Application
- Spend time with the "TZM Defined" Orientation Guide
- Read through the Chapter Quickstart Guide (startup tips & structure for a chapter)
- Add your email to the ZMCA Newsletter list (See signup box in left column)
- Sign up with the Global site's email list at www.TheZeitgeistMovement.com
- Attend California State Chapter meetings on the 1st and 3rd Sundays at 7 p.m. in Teamspeak
Some ideas to spark your creative input!
- Hold movie screenings of 'Zeitgeist: Moving Forward' or 'Zeitgeist Addendum'
- Hand out DVDs
- Get your TZM banner for tabling & other events
- Have a booth at fairs or expos
- Give a lecture on a global RBE at an event
- Table at major event days (i.e. Earth Day)
- Create your own way to get these ideas into the public!
- Hold meetings for your group
- Once or twice a month
- Post them on the calendar of your website
- Send out notices to your members
- Get a TZM/ZMCA banner
- 3'x6' for table/booth events
- 3'x16' for freeway activism
- Buy DVD's of Zeitgeist Addendum & Moving Forward
- approx $.71/DVD sleeved (Addendum) approx $1.00/DVD sleeved (Moving Forward)
- There is a minimum order requirement
Be sure to fill out Coordinator Application so we know you're interested!