ZMCA Article Gallery
- Parent Category: Main
- Created on Wednesday, 02 February 2011 22:12
- Written by CA Coordinator
- Hits: 4948
The Premiere of Zeitgeist: Moving Forward
A night to remember! A sold out night at the Japan America Theatre downtown Los Angeles. 845 Seats and a waiting list to get in the theatre. Artivist Film Festival organization hosting the night, interviews by KPFK, some celeb presence and local media in attendance.
This was part of an independent, volunteer effort to premiere the film in 315 theatres/venues, in 60 countries, and in 30 languages worldwide!! Many with multiple viewings.
Opening cheers & excitement and a thunderous response to the opening scene! I think there is a new T-shirt ready to be made!! (gotta see the film to get the joke) 2-hours and 40mins of an exploration of human/social development, behavior, monetary structure, applied science and a resource-based economy and a fabulous nod toward Monty Python mid-film!
The Q&A was preceded by Peter being greeted by a standing ovation. As tired as he was, having gotten barely any sleep for weeks to make this global release deadline, he engaged the public in a lengthy Q&A until midnite.
Thank you to:
- The Artivist Film Festival organization for hosting the evening.
- KPFK board members, producers and journalists for attending and promoting ZMF!
- The LA Chapter for pulling together an incredible amount of resources (ticket sales, will call tables, information tables, posters, banners, email forms, etc..)
- Everyone that participated and helped out at the event
- Video teams and artists
- All 11 chapter coordinators in California for putting together 12 premiere screenings throughout the state.
- Sharleen for your skills and efforts to coordinate this global release with everyone around the world
- To friends that came to support the evening and shared in my Hollywood moment.
- And to the film's creator, Peter Joseph, for his tireless commitment to bring these ideas to light.
LOS ANGELES PREMIERE SCREENING
Presented By: The Artivist Film Festival
Saturday, JANUARY 15th 2011 @ 7PM (Pacific Time) one showing only!
With an after-screening Q&A with the film's director: Peter Joseph
Aratani/Japan America Theatre
LAEMMLE PREMIERE SCREENINGS
ZMF screened the week of January 16th thru 20th, 2011 at the Laemmle Music Hall in Beverly Hills, CA. There were 12 screenings during the week with Q&A afterwards hosted by Los Angeles Chapter members. For photos & archive see the Los Angeles Chapter website
Laemmle's Music Hall
9036 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, 90211
Laemmle Music Hall 3